Sunday, July 27, 2014

Vintage Family Portrait Commission!


Have you ever wondered what happens when an artist is asked to do a drawing or painting from an old photograph? Follow along, and I’ll show you when it happens to me! A woman asked me to do a drawing of her and her four brothers from the sixties! First, we asked, “What do you want? How big? Do I need to frame it for you?” Then, and only then, do we talk price. After that, I take a reference picture and place it in my “Artograph Prism Projector”. With a 30 inch x 22-1/2 inch piece of high-end drawing paper, I turned on the projector and traced out all the lines needed to start!

In the next installment, you will see me filling the faces!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Philadelphia Sketch Club 157 Small Oil Paintings 2020 show

  My oil painting "Deb" was excepted into the very prestigious "The Philadelphia Sketch Club 157 Small Oil Paintings 2020 sh...