Thursday, December 29, 2016

2016 A Year in Reveiw

It will be 2017 in just a bit, and if you are anything like me., you cannot wait for this steaming pile of "Alan Rickman" stealing crap to be over. Still, this year had its high points and I wanna thank all those who helped make it possible.

Last February I was part of month-long Black history exhibition at Smithville Mansion in Easthampton Twp, NJ. The show was an opportunity to meet new artists and hope people would tour the facilities and see the work. Sadly I did not win a prize, but my mentor Don Stephens took third. Don deserved first! It was with great pride I displayed "Lil Miss Salty" and "My Fair Electric Lady."




Another highlight this year is the completion of the children's book, "Frankenstein's Monster Goes to OZ". My good friend Matt Denion, author of the "Atomic Rex" series, wrote this wonderful book. I was honored when Matt asked me to illustrate this book! It was a hell of a challenge. Still, we did it! Copies are still available on Amazon!

I had the opportunity to do some fun shows this year! A book-reading and Free Comic Book Day at Amalgam Comics and Coffeehouse and the Jazz Fest in North Philadelphia! A big thanks to everyone involved! 
I was able to do some blogs and vlogs this year! The vlog was with a wild bunch of guys who had me on as their very first guest! Here is a pic of one of the hosts, Alex, and myself at Dragonfly Con. I had so much fun with these guys! Watch out, 2017--I am on the docket for another round of discussions!!


My first solo blog interview was with the two ladies of  "Drunk On Books," episode 20 podcast! I love being on with these two women. They are intelligent and so very nuts! We hope to do another book discussion in 2017! Stay tuned! As a side note, let's give these two a big thank you for putting up with me and forgiving me for screwing up at least one interview!  With that being said, "Take it away, Valkyrie!"



One thing I was able to do this year was a commission of the great Jimmy Hendrix! He was damn popular. Yes! Next year, we will have a Prince and David Bowie!
Lots more great stuff happened in 2016, but I don't want to bore you with all of the details! So here is to 2017 and Happy New Year. One more thing. Please show my amazing wife some love in the comments. It's because of her that you people get to enjoy me and read grammatically correct blogs!





No comments:

Post a Comment

The Philadelphia Sketch Club 157 Small Oil Paintings 2020 show

  My oil painting "Deb" was excepted into the very prestigious "The Philadelphia Sketch Club 157 Small Oil Paintings 2020 sh...