Monday, September 4, 2017

Summer time!!

       Summertime is about over and I bet you have been wondering... "What is that guy doing?" Well, to be sure, I have not been sitting on my ass. This summer I started back on plein air painting. I didn't do as much as I had hoped, but I did have a great time with my mentor and best bud, Don Stephens.

    Almost all of our time was spent was spent on the Delaware River or the Rancocas Creek. Here's a sample of what went on.



This was a cityscape done of the Philadelphia Center City skyline. This was done on a 5.5" x 8.5" mixed media paper with watercolor and Sharpie.











This is a study of the funnel of the "SS United States". The ship is docked on Columbus Blvd. in Philadelphia. This was done on a 5.5" x 8.5" mixed media paper with watercolor and Sharpie.

A week or two later, I was on the Delaware by the Riverton Yacht Club. It was a morning scene done in the shade from the banks of the river.






This was done on a 5.5" x 8.5" mixed media paper with watercolor and Sharpie.


"Beacon." This was done on 2" x 4" in "Perfect Sketch Book"  with watercolor and Sharpie.


Back out on the Rancocas Creek, in a small tributary sits this old radio or buoy tower, you may remember me trying to do a sketch of this last fall and making a general mess of it.




This was done on a 7" x 10" in Arches watercolor paper with watercolor and Sharpie.

This piece was done on an overcast Sunday on the banks of the Delaware River from the Philadelphia side.  This was done on a 5.5" x 8.5" mixed media paper with watercolor and Sharpie.

This was the last of the summer plein air work. Stay tuned for pumpkin sculpting and new illustrations this fall!









No comments:

Post a Comment

The Philadelphia Sketch Club 157 Small Oil Paintings 2020 show

  My oil painting "Deb" was excepted into the very prestigious "The Philadelphia Sketch Club 157 Small Oil Paintings 2020 sh...